Motivational interviewing is a well established behavioural and cognitive change intervention. Developed within substance misuse clinical practice, MI is now used across a broad range of clinical, educational, criminal justice and medical practice.
“Motivational interviewing is a collaborative, goal-oriented style of communication with particular attention to the language of change. It is designed to strengthen personal motivation for and commitment to a specific goal by eliciting and exploring the person’s own reasons for change within an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion.”
MI is a skills based intervention that aims to support self-efficacy and increase confidence in your clients to bring about significant cognitive or behavioural change. A person centred, evidenced based way of building on existing strengths supporting clients to positively grow and change.
Who uses MI in their work?
- Personal Trainers
- Occupational Therapists
- Social Workers
- Educational Psychologists
- Sport professionals
- Youth Workers
- Substance Misuse workers
- Anyone who is interested in developing skills to support people to make behavioural/cognitive changes
Training/Skills Development Options
- Bespoke courses can be developed for your team/organisational needs.
- 2-3 days Introduction to MI
- 2 days Enhancing Skills in Practice
- Coaching/Learning Groups 2-2.5 hour sessions minimum booking 4 sessions for groups up to 6 people
- Coding sessions
- Direct Observation & Feedback
Contact: 07983365969 or submit the form below for a conversation about your training development needs.